Monday, June 1, 2015

Six.

Okay, so a couple of things are baffling me. One- it's June? June already? And why are we still not done with school... we still have more than two weeks to go....

And secondly- how is my tiny baby a 6-year-old now? I just don't know how to deal with this. Six. I have two big kids, not little kids. MY BABY IS SIX!!!


We spent the weekend in Portland and had an absolute blast. It was a perfect birthday weekend with lots of fun activities, dinner with friends, lunch with the kids' great grandmother, shopping at IKEA (actually, that turned out more stressful for mom and dad than fun, but whatever. Bathroom remodel. Stay tuned). We had perfect weather and good food and just an all around good time together. 

So, Vivian on her 6th birthday. She's a darling little girl with a steel core hidden beneath the fluff. She still cannot be bribed, pushed, or negotiated with if she doesn't want to do something. But when she does, she inevitably will do it easily and well. She loves to cross monkey bars, hula hoop and jump rope. Biking she is relatively apathetic about. Same with school things except recess. She has a good group of little friends at school and loves her kindergarten teacher.  She loves presents and pandas and panda presents. 

She still prefers sleeping with Mommy to sleeping in her own bed, although progress is being made. I know that one day that snuggly little girl wont sleep next to  me anymore, so I don't worry too much about it. She loves playing with her brother and taking care of him and talking about their mutual imaginary friends. 

Most of all, Vivian is a princess. She still loves wearing dresses every day and prefers to have on a crown as often as possible.  She's definitely my daughter :)

Vivian challenges me and makes me laugh and makes me smile and makes me crazy and I wouldn't have it any other way. Daniel and I are so blessed to have her in our lives. 

No comments: