Monday, May 5, 2014

I am supposed to be doing things right now.

We went to Vancouver this weekend.  When we go for short visits, we do exactly the same thing every visit.  We arrive, we sit on the couch and wait for dinner time. Then we go to the same restaurant that we always go to and eat the same food with the same people. Then we go home and go to bed and get up and go to the same restaurant for dim sum the next morning. 

I'm supposed to be working on an article or editing photos for it or something. Or laundry. Or cleaning my house, since we were gone all weekend, off eating.  But it is Monday and I am sleepy and I don't want to. What I want to be doing is shopping for our big trip that is coming up, but I wont let myself do that until I have plane tickets in hand and I am waiting for the confirmation email from the PR person that is booking them and oh my goodness time is moving so slowly this morning.

Ethan randomly decided to sleep on the floor this weekend. At home he sleeps in a bunk bed with high sides and he puts blankets all around himself and calls them his blockers.  But at the grandparents' house, he usually sleeps on a mattress on the floor and we couldn't find enough pillows to make him feel safe, so he decided to sleep on the floor between a large piece of furniture and the big bed and pillows at his feet and head, and apparently that made him feel safe. He has some odd quirks. He's also afraid of stickers and bandaids. 

I need a nap.

No comments: