Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Life of My Own

We're on week 2 of school and so far things are going well. Vivian's at the same preschool as last year, and she suddenly has started talking to all of the teachers (several of them weren't entirely sure she knew how to talk) and even put on one of her singing shows for her class today. So that's good. And Ethan is really liking kindergarten, although all I get out of him at the end of the school day is that he played race cars at recess and ate lunch with a boy with a blue lunchbox. He doesn't believe in asking people's names, so is identifying them as things like "my new friend with the blue lunchbox".

In my world, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I'm going to have a life of my own again, independent (for a few hours at least) of the little people and husband.  For the first time in 6 years.  Between the kids and sharing a car and the fact that Daniel and I pretty much do everything together when he's not at work, I rarely go anywhere alone.  And now I have a car of my own and time without the kids.  So I can sign up for the Bible study at church! Or go grocery shopping alone! Or something else- I don't even know what! It's very weird.

In other news, I joined the PTA and signed Ethan up for soccer and Vivian starts gymnastics tomorrow and it is finally starting to dawn on me that I am a mom.  Like seriously.  I'm freaking out a little.

No comments: