Thursday, June 13, 2013

My teeny tiny baby is now a kindergartener

Ethan takes after me in his approach to mornings- he prefers to avoid them if at all possible. Lately Daniel and he have been playing a game where Daniel scoops him out of bed and calls him his "teeny tiny baby" and rocks him like a baby and then everyone laughs and the day begins.

My teeny tiny baby finished preschool today.  Everyone sniffled through the party at his school.  These kids have been through so much already in their short lives- most of us are all too familiar with therapists and doctors and Children's Hospital.  And everyone has come so far, thanks to the amazing teachers and therapists and school.  We were all proud of our kids and sad to be moving on at the same time. 

I knew I was going to be emotional about this whole thing, but I didn't expect the amount of emotion I've been feeling. Yes, I've been sending my kid away on a school bus to preschool for 3 years now, but kindergarten still seems strange and just so grown up.

I actually cried at the park today when a bunch of middle school boys ran past and they were just so loud and telling off color jokes and I wanted to wrap my teeny tiny baby up and run away to "stay-a-preschooler-forever" land.  I'm definitely not taking the hugs and hand-holdings for granted anymore. I know there aren't too many days where he will walk to a park holding my hand left in my life.  STOP GROWING UP ALREADY!!!

I need to put my overtired self to bed now. 

February 2011

June 13, 2013

No comments: