Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sunshine!

So I went to San Antonio last week. And three of the four press people that were on the trip were from the Pacific Northwest.  So it, of course, rained for most of the time we were there. We accepted the blame.  Fortunately, I returned to sunshine.  But the sunshine is making me do weird things. Like finally call the dentist to schedule a cleaning appointment (afraid of making phone calls, not afraid of the dentist).  And making plans with the next door neighbor for dinner! 

Our poor next door neighbor. We've been making plans with her and postponing for weeks. But I was having massive allergy issues, then Daniel got slammed at work, then I was finishing my semester, then I went on my trip, and now things are finally slow enough to stop and take a deep breath and socialize.  She seems very nice, so I'm looking forward to getting to know her better. And I've decided that it's time to finally hire a babysitter, so also looking forward to getting to know her teenage daughter.  For all my talk about putting marriage first, that hasn't really been the reality.  In truth, I'm so worn out by the time Daniel gets home that I'm not a very interesting person to hang out with. And our weekends have been filled with separate activities. So it's time to hire a babysitter and go spend some quality time together. Until I fall asleep in my dinner.  Whatever.

In other news, Daniel took this picture of the kids this past weekend and I LOVE it. It sums up everything about my kids' personalities.  Ethan is outgoing and loves hamming it up for the camera and being around people. Vivian is more reserved and cannot be convinced to do anything she doesn't want to do. Especially if strangers may be in the vicinity. And Ethan wears brown, black or yellow all the time, while Vivian prefers more colorful outfits (to put it mildly).
I love these two!

No comments: