Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Trying to get everything annoying done early in 2013 :)

Well, it's January again.  And it's a beautiful sunny (and super cold) day in Seattle and the view from my kitchen is gorgeous.  Mountains and trees and lots of sunshine. Love!

New Year's Eve was fairly uneventful here.  The kids and I put on our pajamas early and watched a movie by the fireplace.  Then Daniel's family came by for a little while. Originally I did not think that I wanted to hang out with my in-laws while wearing my pajamas, but I couldn't resist being all warm and cozy and comfy on NYE!  They left around 10 to go to the condo and watch the Space Needle fireworks outside and we returned to TV watching. I don't remember when we put the kids to bed, but they were sleeping before midnight and Daniel and I enjoyed watching the fireworks on TV and welcoming the new year.

So we were off to a good start. For about 15 minutes, and then Vivian started throwing up. Most of the night. So we did laundry and cleaned her up and didn't sleep much. 

New Year's Day saw Daniel drinking a lot of coffee, then going off with Ethan to meet his family for dim sum and a little bit of shopping. So that was good.  And when he got home, I met him at the door and quickly ran away to the store to get out of the house for a bit.

And then I came home and we had dinner and then Daniel fell down the stairs.  It was a matter of time before someone did. Hardwood floors and three flights of stairs.... Yeah.  He's fine, just scraped and bruised.

And then Vivian and I went to bed at 7, but I got hungry and got up to have a snack. And didn't shut the drawer refrigerator (we have a regular fridge and another one that's in a drawer in our kitchen) and so got up this morning to discover that everything in the small fridge was at room temperature.  All of the kids' yogurt and Ethan's turkey and hot dogs.

So we managed to fit stomach flu, falling down the stairs and having to throw out a (small) fridge worth of food into New Year's Day.  Daniel and I decided that we're just being efficient and getting everything out of the way so that the rest of the year can be awesome :)

In other news, we now live just a block from a track/football/soccer field and I can see it every time I look out my window.  One of these days I need to get my chubby rear end over there and start jogging around the track.  I can hear it mocking me...

No comments: