Friday, August 10, 2012

Five!

Today my baby turns five. Five!

So far he's celebrated by opening a present, fighting with his sister, having Happy Birthday sung to him at Tot Bop, playing on the playground, going to Fred Meyer and eating sushi. Busy morning! And this afternoon we go to his friend's birthday party (which is confusing as heck to a 5 year old- to go to someone else's party on HIS birthday). :)  Ethan's party is tomorrow and I have only a vague idea of who is coming or what will be going on, but I'm fine with that.

Ethan's pretty excited about being five and will show anyone who listens that he's a whole handful old now. He doesn't think he's grown up yet though, because you apparently have to go to kindergarten to be a grown up, and he has one more year before that.

He's a funny kid with lots of ideas about how to do things and how fast yellow cars can go and whether the Mariners are the best team ever.  He's sweet and loving and has never met a stranger- everyone is a best friend in Ethan's world.

Ethan made me a mom five years ago and he's blessed my life every day since. Happy birthday, my love!


No comments: