Monday, June 18, 2012

From Quebec

I'm only vaguely awake at this point, after a day of travel yesterday and an incredibly busy day today.  This chubby city girl paddled around a water maze, climbed an aerial obstacle course (wearing a harness and using carabiners), ziplined off three platforms across water and trees, and toured a cave.  I looked like a sweaty mess by the end (my two travel partners are in incredibly good shape and didn't even vaguely sweat or get out of breath), but it was a great experience and I am SO glad I did it.

I'm really glad that my 35th year is one of adventure. Yes, I'm a stay-at-home mom who prefers to never leave the city limits of Seattle, but this year I've traveled to Iceland and Quebec and done so many things out of my comfort zone.  I'm a little proud of myself.

Tomorrow we have free time and I will be exploring museums for a few hours before going to an indoor rock climbing course.  Again, that should be interesting, as I was 17 years younger and about 50 pounds lighter last time I climbed!

The family is apparently surviving without me. Skype is such a handy tool- I was able to watch bathtime and bedtime from the other side of the continent. Helps me not feel so far away. And then I can go to the bathroom without little people banging on the door and watch TV and sleep alone in a giant bed. This is a win-win, in my book :)

No comments: