Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday morning slump

Trying to get myself motivated to do some work this morning, but the science part of my brain doesn't want to turn on. Need more coffee.

The sun is still shining in Seattle, which means it's lovely outside, but my condo is an oven.  Hopefully it'll cool off before this weekend, when I'm hosting a bridal shower.  Which I need to get ready for. 

Yesterday we avoided the heat by having a nice family outing to get frozen yogurt and walking to the library.  Always better than sitting around the living room and sweating.  It was also nice because it was the first time Daniel emerged from his awful allergy/medicine haze. He felt rotten all weekend and pretty much napped the whole time. I did drag him out for one IKEA outing on Mother's Day, so the weekend wasn't a total bust. 

Oh, and Saturday was great- the 5K raised 132,000 for the anti-human-trafficking work! And over 1900 people showed up. There were only 1100 people registered last year, so it was a huge increase. What a blessing to be a part of that. People really can make a difference!

And I got an email yesterday letting me know that they have a spot at the wonderful preschool for Vivian for this fall. It's only one day per week, but that's okay, since it's a big transition for us. The school is a Montessori school in a beautiful house just a few blocks up (almost straight up!) the hill from us.  I think it'll suit Vivian's personality wonderfully. Unfortunately it's a morning class and Ethan's in afternoon school, so I'm not actually freeing up any time, but I don't spend much one-on-one time with him, so it'll be good for us.

Okay, off to find more coffee. Need energy!

No comments: