Monday, May 21, 2012

Rain

I woke up yesterday morning, rolled over in bed and smiled when I realized the sound that I was hearing was the sound of rain falling softly outside. 

Don't get me wrong, I love sunshine as much as the next person.  But we respond to sunshine differently in the Pacific Northwest than people do in other areas.  Since it is grey and gloomy and drizzly for a lot of the year, when the sun comes out, we go outside.  It's practically a law here. Thou must enjoy the sun because tomorrow it will rain again.

And we've been having gorgeous weather lately- sun, but not too hot most of the time.  For three solid weekends and a good bit of the time in between.

But it's been a really insane time for me lately- juggling several volunteer things and trying to get work done for my science job and blogging on the review blog and throwing a bridal shower. I love being busy and nothing is really overwhelming, but it still was starting to wear me out. So I was thrilled to see rain yesterday and spent most of the day sitting on the couch, watching Psych. I'm not sure what Vivian did, but Daniel and Ethan went to Best Buy and spent three hours picking out a new DVD player for the kids' room. Ethan seems to have inherited his daddy's love of shopping!

Today it's still raining and it looks like it's going to continue for a while, but that's okay, because this week needs to be about getting lots of work done. Next week the kids and I are off to Virginia to visit my parents! The end of May seemed so far away when I bought the plane tickets- I can't believe it's almost here!


No comments: