Friday, May 11, 2012

Leavin' on a jet plane...

I am buzzing with excitement for a bunch of reasons tonight:
1) Daniel's home and it's Mother's Day weekend and I am off duty. :)

2) There are 1800 people signed up for the Free Them 5K tomorrow. I can't wait to join with everyone else and run to support this great cause!

3) I am going on my first press trip!!!!! I have been writing travel reviews for a great website called Trekaroo, and now they want me to expand what I do for them, including doing a media trip in June! The family can't go, which is a bummer, but I get to go and observe and write and I am so excited!  Quebec has been on my wish list for quite a while, so this is really exciting.

When I was a kid we flew about once per year and they were usually long trips, but it was just once per year, so my brother and I were always about to lose our minds with excitement. Then I didn't fly much for a while, and then I started flying for work, and now that the kids are older, our trips have picked up again. This year is going to be a record setting one for my recent past- trip to Iceland at the end of February, Disneyland in April, Virginia (alone with the kids) in May/early June, then Quebec less than two weeks after that.  And I sometimes wonder where Ethan gets his wanderlust from :)

Oh, and my trip will be starting on Father's Day. Happy Father's Day, Daniel- here are your kids. Have fun watching them for the next week. (His mom will probably come down to watch them, so don't feel too bad for him).




No comments: