Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Reprogramming

We're finally pretty much recovered from the craziness of last week and I'm caught up on laundry and review blog posts and all that type of stuff.  Which means it's time to work on some bigger issue things. Namely the way my kids have been acting lately. 

I love them dearly, but the whining and demanding and throwing of fits is making me insane. And the really annoying thing is that I really have no one to blame but myself, because I so often give in to their demanding little ways, especially when I am busy or distracted. And there was a lot of busy and distracted pre-trip and during the trip and post-trip. This morning I woke up to a preschooler whining and refusing to get out of the bed to go to the bathroom, and another throwing a temper tantrum because she wanted cookies for breakfast.

This is not okay behavior. It makes me crazy, it makes them seem like little monsters, and it results in an unhappy family. Which means I have to step up and do something about it.  I have to be the grown up.

In other news, it's Tuesday. I am not a fan of Tuesdays and think that this one in particular can go away anytime. 


No comments: