Wednesday, March 21, 2012

All grown up

I'm turning 35 in a week. I'm a little (okay, a whole lot) freaked out about this. Not so much just the age, but the fact that I think I might actually be a grown up now.  Which I'm not entirely willing to accept.

The kids are also seeming really grown up all of a sudden. We're done with all that baby stuff. No more baby food or diapers.  We can go out without the stroller on fairly long outings.  If we're out during nap time, that's okay- we can skip a day or two. 

It's totally good, even if it is hard to wrap my brain around how fast the kids got done with being babies.  This past Saturday, Vivian and I went on our first Mommy/Daughter adventure- out to the Pacific Northwest Ballet's children's matinee of Snow White. And I could not stop smiling the entire time. I got to dress up my little girl in a fluffy dress and go join lots of other families with little girls in fluffy dresses and it was just all TOO cute!



Watching the bigger girls dance in the pre-show class

In the theatre with her new Ballet Kitty

It's just such an interesting and amazing stage. I have little people on my hands. And they have SO much personality and are SO different and both SO fun in their own ways.  I am so blessed. Even if I do have to turn 35 next week.


No comments: