Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Damn germs

Last night at about 4 AM, I woke up to the sound of Ethan crying in his room and saying "mommy, my tube hurts!" over and over.  This may be the first time Ethan has ever directly complained about something hurting. He has a really high pain tolerance and with all his sensory issues, he doesn't usually seem to feel pain.

He rolled over and went back to sleep, but by this morning he was running a fever and the feeding tube infection is definitely back. Two days after a 10-day round of antibiotics for the last feeding tube infection.

I am not one to get upset about medical issues. We just have too many around here these days for me to approach them with anything but resignation. But today I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and a bit scared.  I'm a big believer in taking medication to fix something, and to have the infection come back so fast is not good.

Oh, and Daniel and I are supposed to be leaving for our trip in 13 days, which means if another round of antibiotics doesn't work, my parents will have to deal with this. And they themselves were going to be out of town with the kids while we are gone.  Not as upset about this as just the infection in general, but it's not helping my stress this morning.

I know God is in control, but boy am I tired of taking Ethan to the doctor. I just want him to get better already.

No comments: