Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snow Day 2

Tomorrow is snow day #2 for us. Which is sad, because we have NO SNOW. Nothing remaining from this weekend, no newly fallen snow, nothing. Outlying areas have snow and all, and I get it. We are not people who can drive in snow and our cars are not equipped.  But let's have some actual snow fall before we are all stuck in home because of the winter weather.

We made it out today to the Children's Museum, thank goodness. And Daniel made it home pretty early. But still. I am not a good stay-at-home parent. I have never pretended to be otherwise. I love my kids, but I do not love playing their games for hours on end. And I have kids who don't believe in playing on their own. They are so good at outsourcing, that they expect people to do things for them, even coloring. We were out for dinner Sunday night with my best friend and her fiance and he asked why the kids weren't coloring for themselves, but instead directing the adults where and how to color. Because that's how my kids work. And it wears me out!

Tomorrow will be day 6 of Ethan being home and I am running out of ways to stay occupied. Especially since there IS NO SNOW to play in on this snow day. 

Help.

No comments: