Saturday, January 7, 2012

I think I may be having a mid-life crisis...

So, my 35th birthday is coming up in slightly under three months. And I've been telling Daniel that I wanted to do something special for it. We discussed having a party and I thought about going on a trip with girlfriends, but nothing really appealed. And then I got an email yesterday, advertising a really good deal for a trip to Reykjavik.  Including a Northern Lights hunt (not a guaranteed viewing, but a much better chance than here in the city lights of Seattle!) And one of the sets of dates was while my parents will be visiting next month. And they were planning on taking the kids to visit my grandmother for a few days anyway.

Daniel and I talked about it, and we decided that now is the perfect time to do something like a trip to Iceland-it's not a trip we can take with the kids, and it's time to get out of our (read- Carrie's) comfort zone.  So this morning we booked our vacation to Iceland!  Me! The girl who doesn't even like to go outside in Seattle when it's 45 degrees or below!

I can't believe we're really doing this- but I am so excited!

No comments: