Friday, December 30, 2011

Math makes me want to cry

I last studied algebra and geometry sometime in the late 80s, early 90s. And I did well at them the first time around, but I was 13-16 years old and still had all my brain cells. Now I am almost 35 and I haven't used my math skills (not in the way they use them on the test at least) in almost 20 years and I have been studying for a month and STILL just failed the practice test. Which makes me want to cry.

I did ace the verbal part of the test though. Because I have used my verbal skills in the past two decades. 

Daniel took the kids out and (I AM STUDYING, DANIEL! Don't judge!! This blog post is taking 2 minutes to write while I eat lunch!) and I'm supposed to be learning everything that I can about geometry and algebra.  I only have a little over a month before the GRE and I want to hide under my covers and cry instead of studying.

Sadly, I threw away all the Christmas cookies.  Probably a wise choice, but I'm regretting it now.

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Oh yeah. Those cookies wouldn't stand a chance if I were studying the GRE! Good luck!

Andrea said...

Oh yeah...I think my passing college algebra (which is really a fancy way of saying Jr. high math) was an act of God....I HATE math.