Saturday, December 10, 2011

In which I express my great desire for my husband to just go away for a little bit

I love my husband. He is hands-down the best man for me. I rarely complain about him here on the blog because there's almost nothing to complain about.  He's an incredible friend, husband, and dad. He's a hard worker and provides so well for our family. There's no one I'd rather spend my time with.

But right now, he is driving me insane. He's been sick all week and has pretty much not left the house except to go to work Monday-Wednesday. Thursday he worked from home (and monopolized our lone computer) all day. Then yesterday he was supposed to be taking a sick day, but still ended up working from home  most of the time.  Again, on my computer. Which is problematic, because my entire social life is online. And it's not like he was interacting with us. He was just sitting in the middle of my living room, in his pajamas (which I'm so tired of looking at now that I want to burn them), staring at the computer screen.

Between wiping Vivian's nose and glaring at Daniel and trying to mentally move him away from the computer, nothing much else got done this week. And I'm realizing how desperately I need a break from my family from time to time.  It makes me appreciate them so much more if they go away occasionally.

Ethan and I left the house of germs today to go run errands and pick up my race bib and shirt for the Jingle Bell Run that I'm "running" tomorrow. Between the sicknesses and lack of training, it's going to be a pretty pathetic effort. But they give us a free pint of beer at the end of the race, so there's that. Yeah! Free beer at 10 AM! Outside in the rain and 40 degree weather! Whatever, I'm still drinking it. It's been that kind of week.


1 comment:

Andrea said...

HA! You crack me up. My husband is gone 3 weeks out of the month right now and at the end of his week stay here I'm always like...Wow. I love you, but it's time for you to go back to work. LOL

And when they're sick? Ugh. Such whiners. :-P

ps- I'm definitely going to start running now that I know there is potential for beer.