Thursday, October 20, 2011

Yawning

We had a couple of gorgeous autumn days here, then the grey returned yesterday afternoon. We were all sad and increased our coffee consumption.  Despite the grey and cold, I was determined to go out running this morning. I've pretty much done nothing healthy for the past 6 weeks and have instead sat around loathing myself and feeling lumpish. It's not a good thing. 

So I managed to get up on time this morning and, after waiting for the sun to finally rise around 7:30, headed out on a run.  In an attempt to NOT injure my legs (again), I'm starting over with the couch to 5K program.  I had gotten into some bad running habits before, and I'm going to try to fix those and focus on running well, rather than running further. And it wasn't a bad run this morning.  I didn't go far, but I was able to run and breathe and focus on form and I felt good at the end of it.  And when I got home I felt all energized and "hurray me! I did something not self-destructive for once!". 

Then the endorphins and coffee wore off and when I went to make my bed, it took every ounce of willpower to not crawl back under the covers. That's the problem with morning exercise for me, it makes me SO DARNED SLEEPY all day.

In other news, I'm going to my first human trafficking conference on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it, because I really do want to learn more about this topic and figure out more ways to help. But I also know it's going to be incredibly depressing and sad, so I'm stocking up on the wine and chocolate for Saturday night. Then I get to round out my weekend by going to try on bridesmaids dresses on Sunday afternoon, and staring at my round, pale self in lots of full-length mirrors. This is less depressing than talking about human trafficking, of course, but not what I would call fun or encouraging.  Should be an interesting weekend :)




No comments: