Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday at Children's Hospital

Today was Ethan's surgery day, so early this morning we dragged Ethan out of bed, said goodbye to Vivian and Grandma and headed to the hospital.  Things went quickly from there, with Ethan soon in surgery and after a couple of hours, we were all reunited in his hospital room.  The procedure went well, but he's pretty upset about the IV and the tube in his stomach.  He also seems to be in pain, which is hard to watch.

I know we had to do this and that it will be the right choice long-term, but it's awfully painful to sit here and stare at my child, knowing that I carried him into the operating room and then when he woke up, everything had changed and was painful. 

This is one of those times when parenthood seems very real.

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

That kills me. Such a sweet little person, I hate that he hurts. Hugs to all of you.

Karen said...

Love, prayers, and a mom-to-mom hug from afar.