Friday, September 2, 2011

The last day of summer vacation

Summer vacation sort of ends for us today. This is the last of the long, relatively unstructured days for the kids and I.  Tomorrow night my parents arrive. Then Daniel's parents and his brother and sister-in-law are coming down for the day on Sunday.  And my brother and sister-in-law arrive next week. And the kids are going to Portland with my parents to see my grandmother.  Do you have any idea how horribly spoiled these kids are going to be by the time my parents go home in two weeks? They're the only grandkids on both sides.  So they are adored and spoiled by everyone, and they're seeing pretty much everyone in the next week or so.

I told Daniel that he should go to our church's men's retreat the weekend between my family leaving and schools starting, because I was just going to need to spend the weekend reprogramming the kids anyway.

We're all excited, because we love seeing my parents and Daniel's parents and everyone.  And I always like having extra adults around.  And don't even get me started on the fact that my parents are taking the kids away for two days. Alone time in my own house! That never happens.  I have big plans to rent a carpet cleaner and clean the carpets.  Yes, I am wild and crazy.  Daniel is going to take one day off work, and we're going to try to remember what life was like pre-kids.  I'm pretty sure that we'll just talk about the kids non-stop and I'll whine about missing them :)

And then everyone will be gone again and Ethan will be off to preschool and we'll have to learn a new routine. I can't believe September is here and school is on its way back.  Hopefully it'll be a good year for all of us!

No comments: