Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday

It's Tuesday here, and so far my kids have gotten out of bed only to then immediately lie on the floor or the couch.  Ethan's back in bed again now. Not sleeping, just hanging out.  I think a weekend of being sick, followed by a super-fun, but very busy day yesterday did them in.  So now here we are.  Hanging out in the house, while I wonder how on earth it's messy again, when I spent pretty much all of my time Thursday-Sunday here at home, cleaning.  Seriously, I don't think I can handle ever living anywhere that's bigger than 900 square feet, since I can barely keep up with this.

Although, my husband is looking at slightly bigger condos in the city, and if we want to stay in an urban environment, this is the time to move.  After we change the carpet here and repaint and empty our closets into a storage unit and wait for winter so that it isn't always 80 degrees in here.  Other than all that stuff. Which I have told Daniel I will support him with and help out with, but if he's serious about moving, he has to get the ball rolling.  So we'll see if that ever happens.

On an unrelated note- my baby is going to be FOUR next week! How did that happen? He has new glasses now and looks all grown up with his wire frames.  And he's gotten a bit taller, so he's looking so totally un-baby and un-preschooler these days. And Vivian's certainly no longer a baby, as she will inform you if you ask.  I don't even really like babies or enjoy that stage, but the further I get away from it, the weirder it gets.  I keep having these weird spells where I'll just start crying to Daniel about the kids growing up and being teenagers and hating us. Then Daniel tries to be all logical and rational and also tries to pretend that he's not totally concerned for my sanity.

And on another unrelated note, we're at 5 weeks and 5 days until my 10K.  And my shin splints SUCK, but I am going to run it even if I can't walk without pain for the next few months. After September it gets hard to run much anyway, since it starts getting light later, and I have to run early in the morning before Daniel goes to work.  So I just need to be able to keep going until mid-September and then slowly not die while I run two laps around Green Lake.  I can do this. I NEED to do this, for my own sanity. 

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I think you'll find that with a bigger place, it takes a tad longer to messy it up. Then longer to then clean it up...but it is nice to have a designated play area (which we always used our formal dining rooms for) I miss having their toys in one room and sleep in another.

Get a place big enough for me to come because I want to run away from home today...lol