Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The problem with my new t-shirt

Last week I ventured over to Etsy to look at running stuff, and ended up buying a t-shirt with the phrase "running sucks" across the front. Which, if you run and are not completely weird, you will realize is true. Running is hard and it hurts and (worst of all, in my opinion), you get all sweaty and yucky. I really enjoy running only when I've just finished a run and I'm all busy being proud of myself and happy that I don't have to run anymore that day. 

Suckiness aside, I still do it and I know it's good for me.

So, this morning, I set out around the lake, wearing my pretty new purple shirt, with the bright lettering that read "running sucks" on it.  And about 10 feet into my run, I realized that there is a serious problem with wearing a shirt that makes a statement like that. In order for me to be making a funny jokey statement with the shirt, I actually had to be running. All the time. Or at least whenever anyone would run past, which is pretty much all of the time. No more lazy fat girl breaks. If I'm wearing a shirt that says "running sucks" out at a busy running area and NOT running, then I'm just pathetic and maybe even a little judgmental.  

On a good note, I ran the 6K this morning several minutes faster than on any other run in the recent past. So perhaps it was a good motivation.  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it so much that I just went and ordered one for myself. I did my first 3.12 mile run on Monay night. The farthest I had ever run at once before that was .5 mile. Everything hurts today, but the scale shows the results. I may have to suck it up and get running regularly. Sigh.

Healthy Branscoms said...

Good job Carrie! :)

jennyonthespot said...

Oh this made me giggle! SO true. Maybe I need that shirt. :)