Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Things that have been making me smile lately

1) We finally bought a Blu-Ray player.  This makes me happy, not because I'm such a big technology person, but because we've been using our tiny little portable DVD player to play DVDs and it doesn't have a remote. And I had to hook/unhook it all the time in order to plug in other things, so I'm thrilled to have a dedicated media player. 

2) It's 7 PM and I just looked over to see Vivian sleeping on the couch.  I tried to wear out both kids today, and I think I succeeded! Hopefully I can get them both in bed soon. They haven't been sleeping until 10 or 10:30 lately and it's gotten old. Early bedtime tonight!

3)  I bought tickets today for a Mariners' game. Not any Mariners' game, but one against the Yankees. Now, like all good Seattle fans, am anti-Yankees, but they happen to be my dad's favorite team, and today I discovered that they are going to be playing here while my parents visit. So he'll be able to see his favorite team with most of his favorite people and work on his "indoctrinating the kids to love the Yankees" life goal.  It always makes me happy to do things that make someone else smile.

4) Vanilla cupcake flavored goldfish. Have you all tried these? They are SO yummy! I have had to start hiding them from the kids, since I don't want to share. 

5) The book My Year With Eleanor. This wasn't one I reviewed, but was one I got from the library and I loved it so much. It's a memoir about a 29-year-old, unemployed writer who decides to take a Eleanor Roosevelt quote "do one thing every day that scares you" and make it her goal for a year.  I think I got as much motivation from the book as I did from therapy.  I highly recommend it if you're feeling a little blah in your life and are looking for some motivation. 

So those are my thoughts on this Tuesday night- anyone else feeling particularly in love with anything?

No comments: