Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Two

I can't believe it's mid-June now- and Ethan's last day of school is next Tuesday! We're all going with him on Tuesday for a party in his class, so that means were down to only two more mornings of getting up insanely early and waiting for the bus. The bus didn't show up at all on Monday morning and when Daniel took Ethan to school, he found out that the bus driver had been in an accident that morning.  We found out more details later- the driver was about 5 minutes from here and someone hit the side of the bus, full-on. Fortunately there were no kids on the bus yet and the driver was fine.  I'm at a loss as to how someone could manage to not notice a big yellow bus in an intersection. 


I'm also at a loss as to what I'm going to do with the kids all summer. We need to start planning activities.  Right now I'm more focused on the freedom from the crazy early morning rush.  No one in our family copes well with mornings, so they're generally full of whining and complaining and not getting along.  It'll be nice to have three months free of that!

Despite the early mornings, Ethan's preschool has been such a blessing to our family. He's grown by leaps and bounds, thanks to the therapy and the teaching that he's been receiving there. And he's loved the socializing and being a big boy and going to school.  He's got two more years of this preschool before he heads on to kindergarten, and I know it's going to be a great thing for him in the years to come as well.  It's really nice to have people coming alongside us to help him catch up and learn the things he needs to know.

On a completely different note- I got an email the other day from someone who reads my blog- letting me know that she saw me at the zoo in San Diego (Hi N!).  How crazy and fun is that? My first reaction was to hope that it wasn't in a moment when the kids were scaring the animals with their behavior- and my second reaction was to wish she'd said hi then.  It's really a small world, isn't it!

No comments: