Monday, May 9, 2011

And the no-gifts season begins...

I love presents. REALLY love presents. Not big presents, that doesn't really matter to me. We generally have a $10 limit for most gift-giving occasions, but as long as the item is wrapped up and I get to open it, I'm a happy camper.

So the time from Christmas to Mother's Day is a very happy time for me.  Christmas, followed by Valentine's Day, followed closely by our wedding anniversary, followed by my birthday, then Mother's Day= lots of presents for Carrie.  And then the day after Mother's Day arrives and I get a little mopey. :)  But I did see a cute little bunny rabbit munching on grass today when I was out running, so that helped.

We're off to the doctor shortly, where the doctor will again say something about me taking my happy pills for at least 6-8 more months and I will sit quietly and nod and think "you are not taking these away from me in 6-8 months, no way, no how."  Maybe I'll be better by then though and won't still feel this way. My therapist is lovely, but I haven't made enough progress on that front to be willing to brave it without some chemical help for my brain.

Switching topics a bit... we had a lovely weekend! My 5K race went well and I was even faster than usual.  So much so that Daniel and the kids were off drinking hot chocolate and not at the finish line when I arrived, so once again I avoided photos of me at the end of the race. I NEVER want to see a photo of myself post-run.  The thought horrifies me. I lived in the South for 10 years and I still believe that proper ladies do not sweat.  I do have to turn off that part of my brain when I exercise, but I can manage that. I cannot deal with photographic evidence. 
Pre-race!
And Daniel graciously took the kids out alone for a few hours on both Saturday and Sunday and I got a break and got the house cleaned and the laundry done and even made some progress on my photo scrapbooks and it was fabulous.  Exactly what I wanted for Mother's Day. I really, really like getting things checked off my to-do list without a certain pair of little people immediately undoing my chores again. 


This is actually a nice sibling hug. Even though it doesn't look like it in the photo :) 

I hope you all had a marvelous weekend as well. Belated Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: