Monday, April 18, 2011

The weekend of FUN!

This weekend was insane. In a good way though. We crammed more activities and excitement into two days than any of us could really handle :)  Saturday morning we attended a screening of African Cats, then headed off to our favorite museum, the Museum of Flight for free attendance day. My family has a long history of flying planes, and Daniel just loves planes, so this is a must-attend place for us pretty much every opportunity we get.  Yesterday we had church, where Ethan's class supposedly sang a song for the whole church (in reality they stood there and looked confused and poked each other with palm branches, but what do you expect from three year olds?).  And then home to open Easter baskets a week early, since I have to pack pretty much everything we own for our trip to Canada and am not packing random toys and candy as well. Oh, and they also got haircuts.

By yesterday evening, we were all in an exhausted stupor from all the excitement (and from the post-Easter candy sugar crash).  Fortunately we had plans with friends this morning and a little bit of sunshine to keep us going today.  Thankfully the sunshine was over on top of Seattle, because 10 miles away where Daniel works it was actually snowing. Random.

All this to say, I had a good weekend.  And, as I was telling my friend this morning, it's definitely a change from how I've been feeling for the last way-too-long.  I normally get antsy when we're out and am always wanting to go do "something else" and am constantly trying to find something that makes my brain happy for a while. But now, I'm happier to just be in the place and moment. Yes, I'm still totally hyper and am constantly running through the to-do list in my brain, but it's much improved. Much.  There is not a day when I don't thank God for good doctors and medications.

Now I've got to get myself in gear and start working on the part of getting undepressed that I have some control over- the things that my therapist and I discuss and the books and workbooks she suggests. Since I am an avid "avoider of unpleasantness" and don't really want to think about depression (I find it depressing to think about depression), this is not as easy as popping some pills. But it's what I need to do for the long-term solution. I just need to get my lazy butt in gear and do it! In all my spare time...

No comments: