Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tulip Festival!

I know I promised to leave you all alone this weekend. Then we decided to bring our computer and even found free wifi here at the in-laws. So your break from me has ended prematurely :)  Anyway we're here and the funeral activities all begin tomorrow. As it turns out, most of the activities involve dinners at 8 PM, so I'm going to be spending most of my time here with the kids while Daniel goes places with his family. We'll be at the actual funeral and graveside service, but other than that, hanging out.  Which, honestly, is fine with me, as it means I get to eat non-Chinese food (I know, I'm the only person on the planet married into a Chinese family who doesn't really like Chinese food) and hang out in my pjs with the kids and watch cable TV (we don't have cable at home). And Daniel will get uninterrupted Chinese language conversation with relatives with no wife to translate for and no kids to round up.

Oh, and did I mention that I already stocked up on Canadian candy? You can get some fabulous candy here- especially near the holidays. 

Anyway, today on our way here we stopped at the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival to check out the flowers. The rain held off during our visit (hurray!) so we got some pretty good ones!










No comments: