Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's Saturday and life is fine!

I love Saturdays- seriously, is there any more fabulous day?  Although yesterday was pretty good too, since the kids and I were out for about 90% of the day.  Took a trip to the mall, where I used a gift card from Stride Rite to buy shoes for myself rather than the kids (I cannot bring myself to pay that much for kids' shoes that they outgrow so quickly! And I need good shoes too, right?).  There was also a whirlwind trip to H&M to look at clothes and an equally fast trip into Sephora to pick up my birthday present from them.  Fast trips all, thanks to my kids who had grown weary of the mall and were not being particularly charming.  Later we topped off the day with sushi AND a trip to Target. Seriously, pretty much the best day ever with Sephora and H&M and sushi and shoe shopping and Target all in one day!

Speaking of good days, I know it's too soon for the antidepressants to really be working, but I'm still desperately searching for positive signs.  And I think they might be helping a little.  I just have to wait and see. So far they're mainly making me feel out-of-it and tired. Calmer too, but not necessarily all there. I had lunch today with my favorite local bloggers and some wonderful out-of-area bloggers, and I felt like I couldn't keep my brain in the conversation the whole time.  Hopefully that effect will improve as I adjust. I'm also feeling a loss of appetite, but there's no way that's anything but a positive!

And speaking of depression, my poor husband is starting to look like he's a little more affected by the weather this year than other years. I find him on the computer researching trips to Hawaii and California every time I walk past. Just now I had to kick him off the laptop so that I could play for a while.  I'm hopeful that this trip will happen, but I'm not entirely sure that it will.  Keeping my fingers crossed- we could all use a change of scenery for a while!

3 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Aww, hope they kick in fast! Dr. Oz says a good cure for crankiness is exercise. Somedays I don't think that is enough for me. I need more than exercise. :(

Karen said...

I have taken two different types of antidepressants and the first gave me all sorts of side effects- drowsiness, night sweats, I felt really out of it and still struggled with quite a bit of anxiety. The second type I took later was the answer to it all and took effect so quickly. It changed my life.

If you continue to have side effects like you're describing call your doctor right away. If you're not seeing improvement and your having miserable side effects don't hesitate to call.

Glad you've had some busy and fun days!

Emma said...

Some medication takes two weeks before they fully take effect so hang in there! Well done for having the bravery to get this far.