Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Confessions

1. My son has been eating Easter candy for lunch for the past week. Specifically miniature Reese's Cups. I generally wait to give him these until Vivian has gone down for her nap, since I don't feel eating candy is a suitable lunch for her. But for Mr. Anything Goes As Long As It's High Calorie- candy is just fine.

2. I'm planning to go to bed at 7 PM tomorrow night so that I can get up at 3 AM and watch the royal wedding. Yes, I'm that insane.  I was glad to see Mona's post on the same topic today- good to know I'm not alone in my insanely early rising plans.  Not sure I'm going to join in the champagne drinking plans that many others have, but I do plan to watch live.  Apparently I watched Diana and Charles' wedding when I was little (I have no memory of this) and played "bride" for about a year after that. I was all of four years old, so I don't remember, but I'm sure I was cute.

Thankfully we don't have too much going on Friday that I have to be awake for.  Other than Ethan's therapy appointment.  Much caffeine will be consumed before that!

3. I can barely identify my own husband's handwriting.  After almost seven years together. Seriously, I was just going through an old box of mementos and when I pulled out a card with my name written on the front, I had to open it up and see who signed it, before if I could tell if it was from Daniel or from one of my ex-boyfriends.  We communicate by phone or in person or on Skype, so there's virtually no reason for me to ever see his handwriting. Still, it's strange that I don't recognize it. 

4. On that note, I was a little disappointed today to discover that I seem to have gotten rid of all of my love letters from ex-boyfriends. I really thought I'd saved a few from each of them, just for memory's sake, but apparently not. It's not like I'm pining for those guys or would want to be married to anyone else, but it's part of my distant past, so I'd like to have something to look at and remember and smile. Oh well.

5. When my doctor told me this week that I'd need to be on my antidepressant medication for at least eight months, my first thought was one of enormous relief. I'm going to therapy and doing the work to try to get better and not have to be on medication forever, but right now it's having such an enormous beneficial effect that I have no desire to mess with what's working.

6. And on that note, I am so sad that it took me so long to talk to my doctor.  I'm feeling hopeful and positive and for the first time in a long time I'm excited about the future. Finally able to look at where I'm at in life as a great open opportunity for me to find out what's next, rather than feeling like I've done everything I planned to do and I have nothing left to hope for (which is what my brain was convinced of until recently).  I can't wait to see what God has in store for me for the next section of my life. :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Blogger needs a *like* button. :-)