Friday, March 11, 2011

Tears

I keep trying to not watch the coverage of what's going on in Japan- so seriously heartbreaking.  My family's prayers are with the people of Japan today. I can't imagine how terrible it must be to be living through such a natural disaster.  I do have several friends from Japan and so far their families are accounted for and fine, praise God.  And in a weird bit of timing, my home fellowship leader flew off yesterday to Tokyo to spend his spring break on a longawaited trip to Japan. He's also safe, but I imagine this isn't the trip he had planned.

We're off to Canada this weekend to spend a little bit of time with Daniel's aunt, who has late stage, terminal cancer. Trips to Canada tend to be stressful under good circumstances, so I'm not exactly looking forward to this one.

And my doctor's office just called to let me know that my doctor is actually going to be out next week and for several weeks after that. I cried when I hung up the phone. In theory I could see someone else in the office, but it was terrifying enough to think of talking to my doctor who has known me for years and also cares for my husband and kids, so she really understands the whole story and my personality. Talking to a stranger seems pointless and there's just no way I can do that.

Not my most cheerful post, ever. Sorry.

In good news, Ethan is doing GREAT at therapy and in school and is actually eating and we're so encouraged and hopeful.  Definitely a miracle happening there. We're very, very, glad.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Oh, yuck Carrie. Did you make an appointment for when she's back? It was such a joy to see all of you this morning. Hugs to you.