Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Easter dresses!

Tuesday. AGAIN. Raining. AGAIN. UGH!!

So, I believe that yesterday was more evidence that birthdays kind of lose meaning and get less exciting the further you get on the other side of age 30.  Daniel and I have been mid "discussion" for days now, so we're getting along less than spectacularly. You know what I mean- every marriage has that one issue that never gets resolved and pops up at the most inopportune moments and never gets any less annoying.  Anyway, so we were being irritated with each other yesterday and the day was otherwise just your run-of-the-mill Monday. Oh, except I got up and ran almost 4 miles in the morning. Which is HUGE, because on my 33rd birthday I could run about 2 feet and on my 34th birthday I ran far!  Go me!!!

This morning I got an email from a friend, bemoaning the fact that she's gone from being down 3 pounds from her pre-pregnancy weight to up seven whole pounds! I laughed and told her that I was currently up somewhere around 34 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, and my youngest is 22 months. Hers is 5 months old. Then another friend, with an even younger baby said on Facebook that she only has three pounds to go to her pre-pregnancy weight.  It's apparently torture Carrie with thinness day :)

So, I started worrying about whether I'll ever lose weight, and then that went to "oh no, I only have a month before Easter and will I be able to fit into any of my dresses?" stressing. And then I realized that it doesn't matter what I wear as long as the kids look cute enough! So then I dragged a bunch of dresses out of Vivian's closet and made her try them on so that I can decide which one to put her in.  She was not thrilled, but I managed to get a couple of pictures. Any votes?
This one is the most "Easterish" but she likes it the least

But seriously, so cute!

This one is pretty, but not as fancy. It is the smallest, so I need to get her wearing it for regular church soon, if not for Easter

I want to learn to dance the Charleston or something when I see her in this. It's a 3T though, so she'll be able to wear it for a while. And again, not as fancy as the first one.

But seriously, I can't stand the cuteness!

Oh, and because he's cute too, even if his clothes are WAY more boring :)



4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Isn't it true? As long as you have cute kids to hide behind no one will even notice you! At least that's the camouflage I'm counting on 3ish weeks postpartum... :)

Mommyto3andahusky said...

You should go watch that movie "life as we know it" with Katherine Heigl. They fight so much in that movie and trust me it will make you appreciate your fights with Daniel. I had a major aha moment watching that movie. It made me feel better about when Dusty and I fight. :)

I am so proud of your run! I ran for the first time tonight in 6 months and I could only run one pathetic mile and walked the rest. booooo. But I am out there hitting the pavement! :) Keep up the stellar work Carrie! You inspire me chica! :)

Karen said...

I vote for yellow. :)

mona said...

I vote for all of them because they are all so cute. How could you choose?

I am living vicariously through all your cute baby girl clothes. Vivian is just such a stunning little girl.