Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sunshine!

With great apologies to anyone who is reading this and living in the horrible weather of the Midwest/East Coast- the weather here today is fabulous! Chilly but sunny, which I will take over grey any day of the week.  The kids and I need to get our acts together and get out to soak up some rays very soon.

So anyway, I finally met with Ethan's preschool teacher today and she is nice and the classroom looks like tons of fun, and we're all on the same page with Ethan's goals for the year.  I can't believe my 3-year-old now has concrete goals and plans for achieving them. I don't even have goals for myself for the year. Am feeling like a slacker.

And they asked lots of questions about his sensory stuff and his eating issues and I probably sounded like a crazy person because, truthfully, even I don't really understand what's going on.  That's the problem with sensory processing disorder- it's so different in every kid and it manifests in different ways in the same kid, depending on the situation. So we're still trying to figure things out and it's almost impossible to explain to anyone.

Except for the fact that he does. not. eat.  That I can explain just fine. Yesterday he ate 1/2 of a chicken nugget. Total. All day.  The day before that he had some crackers.  We're so glad that he's getting calories in the feeding tube.  He's still coming out ahead of where he was pre-tube, so it's still an improvement. Hopefully he'll eat a bit more when he's completely over his most recent cold. Or maybe seeing other kids eat will motivate him or something.  I'm so tired of the battles and the bargaining and the attempts to just get him to look at his food, much less eat it.

But anyway. School! On Thursday! Still trying to figure out the perfect first-day-of-school outfit. Need to go do some rummaging through his drawers and do some negotiating with him to convince him to wear something other than his dump truck shirt for once.  Mommy needs cute pictures!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yay! He's going to have so much fun, too.