Monday, February 21, 2011

Blessings and feelings of deja vu

This weekend we got a huge answer to prayers- a signed lease from a nice, reliable, gainfully employed new tenant!  She's super nice and I think she'll be a great tenant.  And she signed a year's lease. SUCH a relief.  We had another application, but he had all sorts of giant waving red flags in his background check, so we passed on that person.  Not going down that road again, that's for sure! 

Just having a great new tenant is an unbelievable blessing, but God added an extra special touch too (love those!).  She's not interested in moving in until March 5th.  She asked if she could pick up the key on March 4th.  My parents arrive today for a visit and are leaving March 3rd.  Having a signed lease means we don't have to show the condo, so my parents can stay there. It's going to be a nice break for them, as it's a fancy building with lots of amenities. And since the condo is within walking distance of our home,  they were able to cancel their rental car, saving hundreds and hundreds of dollars!

Isn't that all just too cool!

This week is starting to freak me out a little bit though.  Our 5th wedding anniversary is on Friday, and I'm realizing that I'm accidentally living out pretty much the same week as I had the week before the wedding. Parents arriving on Monday? Check. Hanging out in Seattle with my best friend on Wednesday? Check.  Large family dinner with a bunch of relatives on Sunday night? Check.  It's kind of freaky.

In other news, we've been spending our time making big, grown-up decisions about things. Things that I can't blog about yet, since they aren't directly my thing.  But hopefully things will be settled soon so that I can share!  Being a grown up is hard! I don't like making decisions. I avoid it at all costs. 

Back to tracking my parents' flight! We're going to the airport to meet them. Without a car, so that means a very exciting trip on the monorail AND the light rail train. AND with Ethan and Vivian's beloved grandparents waiting at the other end. AND a train/monorail trip back. Likely going to be my kids' best afternoon ever :)

No comments: