Friday, December 17, 2010

Sweetness

Something has been getting lost lately in my blog posts- the fact that my son is suddenly the sweetest little man ever! I was really scared of having a three-year-old, so far this is a great age. Yes, he's a little more rebellious, but I can deal with being told "no" a few times if it also includes all this cuteness!

Ethan's still incredibly friendly and makes friends everywhere he goes. There's almost nothing that he loves more than holding hands and giving hugs and kisses. When his little friends don't want to hold his hand, it breaks his heart, but, fortunately for me, I'm the backup hand holder and that usually solves the problem.

He's also started a new thing- when we sit on the couch and watch a show, he wants to be leaning on my shoulder and every so often will give me a kiss on my cheek.  Pretty much the best thing ever.
Showing off his Hello Kitty (I don't know which character) watch. The greatest Happy Meal prize! 

And the talking!  Much of the time I have no idea what on earth he's talking about, but that doesn't stop him.  Yesterday when Vivian was napping and I was doing some work for the review blog, he came and sat down at the table with me and just chatted for a while.  Telling me about the music on the radio (he differentiates between Christmas, God and Jesus songs), about his friends in the Christmas cards that are taped up to our closet doors, about the lights and the presents under our little tree, about what the cats were doing under the table. Then he hopped down and went to play.
Chatting with Mommy over a bowl of pudding
I'm also loving that Ethan's favorite book right now is his kids' Bible.  He would happily sit and let me read the entire thing to him. And he loves to talk about God and Jesus. I never imagined discussing theology with a three-year-old, but here I am, and it's so amazing.  I am so very blessed.

1 comment:

Ms.custom lucite awards said...

I've always told those who would care enough to listen that mother's deserve an award for all their hard work & for me that award is when you see your son smiling at you, hugging you after a long day & finally hearing those 3 words (I Love you) from him. Its really all a mother can truly ask for.