Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The silence is glorious!

I love my husband. For many reasons, but this week for the fact that whenever he's left the house- he has taken Ethan with him. Leaving me home with one child, and that child actually naps. Which means that for two days in a row, I got an hour and a half of free time!!! It's so wonderful! I've actually gotten tons done- made yogurt, made soup, put away the Christmas decor, cleaned bathrooms, vacuumed, sorted through the piles of toys in the kids' room, wrote review blog posts, updated my iPod...all those little things that never seem to get done.

Now I'm sitting in the living room, surveying the neatness and thinking about working on my photo albums, since I'm a couple of months behind on those. But that would mean making a mess, and I just finished cleaning up, so I'm feeling conflicted. 

Seriously, this might be my favorite week of the year, every year. Daniel's (sort-of) off work, we have nothing going on, all the family has been visited recently and we have no big obligations, so we can just hang out and get things done around the house and enjoy being together.  Absolutely the best.

On a slightly less fabulous note, we haven't 100% decided about the NG tube issue. I'm leaning toward taking their advice, but there are many logistical questions that I need answered. Mostly dealing with the fact that Ethan hates having anything touch his face, he spends all day fighting and wrestling with his sister, and he can't even keep his glasses intact, since he was rough with them and broke them.

Okay, must get off the computer and go use my free time wisely.  Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Talk to my friend Allie, they did the NG tube and her little girl has a lot of energy but didn't mess with it. They also showed them how to put it in and take it out without returning to the hospital. Her blog is here. http://alisonrmikes.blogspot.com/