Wednesday, December 1, 2010

18 months old

It's so hard to believe that it's been exactly 18 months since I hugged Ethan goodbye, waved to my in-laws, and waddled off down the hallway with Daniel, on our way to check in for my c-section.  I remember how surreal it all was- going from a normal morning to having a baby in the late afternoon.  With no labor pains in between!

And now I have a scarily grown-up little person in my house. One who has distinct opinions about things. Who nods and says "yes", or looks at me with scorn and says a succinct "no".  One who begs for "again, again" when she wants to be tickled or swung around or pushed on her rocking horse.  A little girl who doesn't seem to realize that her brother is still (a bit) bigger than her and that shows no fear when fighting for a toy.  I'm pretty sure my 18-month-old thinks that she's at least 3. She has long conversations with her favorite stuffed animals. About what, I don't know, but it's still pretty cute.

Vivian has piles of personality. She loves to follow Ethan around and try to get him to drink his milk or take a bite of her snack. Unless it's a cookie, in which case she will not share, of course.  She is shy around people at first, but then turns into a gigantic flirt and quickly figures out how to get the people around her to cater to her every whim. Which we do, most of the time.

She's a good eater and a terrible sleeper. Still sleeping with us mostly (I know!), but usually kicking me less, so it's not so bad.  Lately she's been going to bed fine, then somehow knows the exact moment when we're heading to sleep ourselves, at which time she wakes up and demands to join us.  We joked last night that maybe we should just leave the TV on in the living room all night, to attempt to confuse her into thinking that we're still awake.

And she's growing well- on schedule for height and weight, so that's great.  Her cheeks have thankfully not gone away yet, and still demand munching on a regular basis. How said I am going to be when she outgrows the chubby cheeks and the four extra chins that she's carrying around right now.

Happy 18 months, Miss Vivian. It's been an adventure- you make us laugh and cry and there's never a dull moment with you. We love you!


Definitely 18 months old

Cheering up

So grown up

My version of American Gothic

It's hard to see, but Ethan is wearing V's 1 1/2 sticker.  Because whatever Baby does, the Boy has to do too :)

2 comments:

Judy Schwartz Haley | CoffeeJitters.Net said...

what a cutie! my little one is just 2 months older. I'd love to have her sleep in our bed, but she waits till we're asleep and then goes exploring around the house. I just can't have that. So fun to watch them grow up.

Mommyto3andahusky said...

They are just so adorable!