Friday, November 12, 2010

Oh, thank goodness this page finally loaded

I was getting on the computer just now to blog and couldn't get my blog to load! That's a scary feeling. I was sitting here pressing refresh and thinking "but I have things that I need to say!"  Thankfully the computer finally cooperated and so now here I am.

Daniel was off yesterday for Veteran's Day (thanks nice boss!) and so I had a longer run than usual in the morning (not liking the darkness at 4:30 PM, but definitely enjoying not running in the dark at 8 AM!), then we headed off to Everett to visit a different children's museum. Typically we just stick with our own, since we paid for it already, but I'd gotten discounted tickets and so we wanted to visit.  Local people- the children's museum in Everett is fabulous! Tons to do and everything looks all new and clean and works well. Don't get me wrong, I love the Seattle Children's Museum and think it is responsible for me not going completely insane, but I do wish we lived closer to the one in Everett. It's pretty fabulous. 

Now I'm sitting around not folding the laundry and not unloading the dishwasher because, let's be honest, I'm just going to have to turn around and immediately reload the dishwasher and start another load of laundry. I'm having one of those weeks when I agonize and whine about the endless Groundhog Day nature of my life.  I just want things to stay clean and checked off my to-do list for 30 seconds!

I'm also sitting around and thinking that I need to come up with a nice dinner or something for Daniel. We've both been under a ridiculous amount of low-level, ongoing, never-improving stress about a bunch of situations. Nothing too major, but just enough things getting to us that we both just want to go hide somewhere.  Unfortunately we've (mostly I've) been taking a lot of the stress out on each other lately, so that's not good. I need to stop being stressed and try being nice for a while. You'd think it wouldn't be so much work to remember to be nice to the person that you love more than anyone else in the world.  :)

In running news, I'm up to week 4 of the Ease into 10K training. And my goodness am I slow.  I regularly get passed by senior citizens on the running trails.  My shin splints are still lurking, but they don't seem to be hurting any worse after I run (and no better after I rest for a few days) and so I'm not going to worry about those for a while. 

I think maybe the internet was blocking me getting to my blog so that you all wouldn't be subjected to this long, boring post. I have no idea what I even came online to say. :)  Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I envy you're dedication to running....I am going to attempt walking on a narmalish schedule and then see if my knee can handle a jog or 2...starting tomorrow. I plan on using it as time to myself which I desperately need. :-P