Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sunshine!

Prepare yourselves- it's pretty much winter here in Seattle, and we're supposedly going to have a very long, very wet winter. So expect posts with lots of exclamation points and smiley faces any time the sun does make an appearance.  

We woke up to glorious sunshine today after days of dark, blustery, rainy weather. Days that make you not want to get out of bed. But today was beautiful, so the kids and I decided to ride the monorail downtown and walk around. I really like this aspect of the kids getting older- they can now suggest outings and interact when we're out and about.  It's fun to hear their ideas and their thoughts on what we're seeing.

So we headed downtown and did some shopping and even dropped by my old office to say hi to my coworkers.  It's been a while since I'd seen most of them, since I quit during summer when a lot of people were gone. It was nice to see them all. And it was great to be downtown amidst all the bustle and busyness of city life.  There were moms with strollers everywhere I looked- I think every mom had the same idea today that I had! I really love Seattle- it's such a fun city to just hang out in. And the Starbucks on every street corner don't hurt matters either :)

I realize that that was possibly the least interesting post ever. I blame the sunshine.  Now off to fold the laundry before the pile collapses and buries one of the kids!

No comments: