Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I never imagined saying this- but I am so ready to spend a quiet day at home with the kids tomorrow! This weekend has been nuts- starting Friday we've been on the go non-stop. I'm still recovering from volunteering at Women of Faith Friday night and all day Saturday- it was a great day for WorldVision and lots of people signed up to be sponsors, but I spent the whole time walking around and smiling at strangers while battling a crowd of 4000+ women. Oh, and wearing a bright orange vest.  I'm glad I got out of my comfort zone and helped, but it was definitely a challenge for me, with my crowd and stranger issues. Randomly I did run into my aunt and my cousin who I rarely see, so that was a nice surprise amidst all of the strangers.

Today Ethan actually got up on stage with his class! He didn't so much sing as just stand there, but he looked cute and didn't cry or run off stage or anything. So that's a huge success! And then we trick-or-treated at a local mall tonight. Crazy crowds, but it's easy to get a moderate amount of candy and then be done with it.

Anyway, here are some pictures of my trick-or-treaters. We even got Ethan into a costume!

Vivian, testing out her costume at home

The flower and the conductor check out their treat bags

Hugs for good luck

Eating a snack before we head out

And a sugar cookie at the mall

They consumed more sugar today than in the past 6 months combined

My little flower waits for the concert at the mall to start