Friday, September 24, 2010

Sleep-deprived thoughts.

It's 11:42 PM on Friday night. I'm writing this post with Vivian sitting on my lap.  Last night Ethan stayed up until midnight for some unknown reason, then Vivian woke up and slept in the middle 3/4 of our bed. Oh, and we didn't shut our door enough to keep the cats out, so at 3 AM I had a cat sleeping on my head.  All this to say- I laughed when I saw a Facebook post today from a new mom wondering how she would handle going back to work next week when her baby doesn't sleep well. You just do.  After a while, sleep deprivation becomes the new normal.

We got our first bill this week from Children's for Ethan's feeding therapy.  It looks like it's going to cost us over $50 per week. And he's still not eating well, but this is the most concrete help we've gotten so far, so I hate to discontinue it.  His therapist actually wants to increase his visits, since he's not responding as well as hoped, so we're going to have to figure out this financial aspect of it all soon.

And in other news, one of my two best friends had her first baby today. I was telling Daniel that I was more emotional about her baby's birth than my own. They've been married for almost 10 years and waiting for this baby for so long. And there's something really weird about being on the other side of things for once.  I got married at almost 29 years old, so I was well behind most of my friends in the getting-married part of life and behind most for having my first child. Then we had  our second so quickly and all of a sudden I was the one with the finished family and settled life and was on the other side, watching friends try to find a husband or watching the married friends try to have a baby. It's a strange feeling.

Well, Vivian is getting bored of this blogging stuff, so I should close and start trying to come up with an idea of getting her to sleep soon. Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments: