Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Prayer request

Tomorrow my dad, my brother and my sister-in-law, along with 8 (I think!) other people are starting their journey on a mission trip to Haiti. This has been in the works for a year- way before the earthquake hit. The earthquake and all the following issues made them more determined to go, instead of less.

It's hot there right now. Today the "real-feel" temperature, according to accuweather.com was 123 degrees. It's in the 90s with 90 plus percent humidity.  And there's a hurricane or two hovering nearby, bringing in lots of rain.

If you're a praying person, please keep my family and this trip in your prayers. I'm praying for safety for everyone concerned and for God's guidance in them meeting up with the people they are meant to meet and that they will do the work that God is preparing for them to do.

And, in another prayer request, my 84 year old grandmother and her twin sister are flying out to spend time with my mom this week. My grandmother has been saying for 5 years that every trip is her last, so I am always nervous when these two travel cross-country alone. Praying for smooth travels for them as well.

1 comment:

Picklebugmuffinsmommy said...

praying they have safe travel and a wonderful experience! :)