Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mommy's little time out

We just got home from a walk to the post office and the grocery store, and I'm sitting here and eating my lunch and blogging and pretending not to notice the bags of groceries that need to be put away. Or the messes on my counters or the cookies and brownies that still need to be baked for tonight's home fellowship and tomorrow morning's get-together.

I really should be using my time more wisely right now. Vivian's napping and Ethan's having quiet time in his room with his books. I don't always remember or manage to get him to have his quiet time, but his occupational therapist keeps reminding me to do it. His sensory issues make it so important for him to have some down time to process. And since he gave up napping more than a year ago, that's not really an option. But so far sitting on his bed with books works for a while, and I'm grateful.

We had a week off of feeding therapy last week and it was a nice break. But we're slipping again into some old habits and old fights, so I'm glad we'll be seeing her again Friday. Still no word from the school district about step 2 in the evaluation process.  Sigh.

It's been funny to hear people's comments when we mention that Ethan's been diagnosed with Sensory Integration Disorder/Sensory Processing Disorder. Most people that know us well look at me like "duh, I could have told you something was wrong."  I knew something was wrong, obviously, but, again, I don't hang out with other 3-year-olds, so I have trouble knowing what's normal. He's my only frame of reference. 

Anyhoo.  No real point to today's post. Just procrastinating.  But cookie baking calls, and I better get to it!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

LOL- I have to go to the grocery store today too. But instead I'm sitting here reading your blog. :-)

Procrastination Rocks!