Monday, September 27, 2010

Encouragement for Monday morning

As you all know, I've been struggling enormously with loneliness and isolation and fear of making new friends. That's a lovely combo, right there. So I was incredibly encouraged by this morning's post from my favorite devotional writer. It's all about moms and our need for friendships.  Go check it out here.

On a very, very related note, yesterday I ended up stuck in church nursery with Vivian, since she's having some massive separation anxiety issues and was crying too much for the nursery people (and me!) to handle. She also rejected the idea of sitting quietly in church (Vivian does not believe in sitting quietly), so I stayed in nursery with her. And there was a woman in there who has kids who are in middle school and high school. And the more I talked to her, the more I realized that we had a lot in common. Then on our drive home from church, Daniel was telling me something that her husband had mentioned in men's study that made me realize that we had even more in common!

So now I have to do the scary thing and see if she'd be up for getting together to chat. I could really use the friendship of a woman who's a little ahead of me in this mom thing and who has had similar struggles to mine.  I'm making Daniel chat with her husband this week to sort of feel out the situation and see if it would be a possibility :)

Anyway. If you're a mom, go read the devotion that I linked to at the beginning of this post. And happy Monday!

No comments: