Thursday, September 16, 2010

Drama, always drama

My family has a bit of a tendency towards having problems, particularly when they travel. I can't name a single trip that they've taken lately that hasn't had some big problem. This time, my dad took his passport card instead of his passport (since he'd been assured by the passport person that that would work fine) and wasn't allowed on the plane to Haiti today, since that's not a valid ID for arriving in Caribbean countries by air. Ship, fine. Air, no. Oh, and he's in an airport 8 hours from home.  So the team left him there, he had to pay to change his ticket, get a hotel for overnight and my mom is FedExing his passport overnight tonight- hopefully it'll arrive on time for him to catch his early morning flight tomorrow.

Hopefully the trip will go smoothly from now on.  I am stressed and I'm not even directly a part of this trip! Keep them all in your prayers, please, especially things like the passport making it on time tomorrow and everyone meeting up again in Haiti. 

We got out of the house today with friends! Hurray!  Vivian's catching a cold, but I dragged her out anyway and tried to keep her from touching anyone or getting too close to other kids.  There was no way I was missing out on our first outing with friends in weeks.   And we had a fun time and there were even cookies from Seattle's traveling treat truck to make the day even better.

Now I'm making homemade chicken noodle soup, since it's 60 degrees here and raining, and some latent Suzy Homemaker side of me gets inspired to make soup whenever the weather takes a turn for the worse.

In other news, we're going to be attending a new home fellowship/life group with people from our church next week. I'm nervous, since I'm pretty terrible in these situations and it takes me forever to find my place and click with people. And I always feel weird meeting people when I'm so unsure of myself and my identity these days anyway. But maybe I'll do okay. And if not, I am married to the most talkative person on the planet, so I can stay in the background and let him make friends for us :)

No comments: