1) Today we were teaching the 3-year-old Sunday School class and were having a discussion of mean/nice people. One of the kids informed the class that his mommy was a mean person. We teachers managed not to laugh out loud and with semi-straight faces told him that his mommy is not mean and that she loves him. And later I decided that maybe it's not completely a bad thing that my son is speech-delayed- no sharing opinions of my parenting skills with others!
2) We had a great Saturday- even took the kids to their first art show. Then today after church, we split up the kids for a while. Daniel and Ethan went out on an outing to Seattle Center/downtown on their own, while I stayed home and blogged and cleaned and did laundry while Vivian napped. I'd forgotten how truly glorious naptime is! Ethan stopped napping over a year ago, so I've not had that break in ages. Just having silence in the house for a while was great!
And it's good for Ethan to get out with Daniel once in a while. I've started taking Ethan with me when I run errands on Saturdays and have really enjoyed that one-on-one time with him. Another blogger wrote a post that made me think more about this this week- she was writing about how much she learned about her third child when she had time alone with him after the older two kids went to school. I think once you have more than one little person around, you have to make that one-on-one time with each kid a priority as much as date night with your spouse. Of course, Daniel and I only have date night about twice per year, so that's not saying much. But it's something that we're realizing we need to be aware of.
3) Making Ethan sit down for 3 meals and 2 snacks this weekend has been horrid. Not looking forward to Daniel leaving me alone with that tomorrow!
4) In exciting news, it's down to 75 degrees in the condo! It's taken 3 days of 60 degree weather outside to get it cooled off to a reasonable temperature in here. But now it's nice and cool and I want to leap and twirl in celebration. I will restrain myself though, since anyone walking by can see into my living room and no one needs to be subjected to seeing that.
5) In other exciting news, the laundry is all washed and dried and folded and put away and the counters are clean and tidy and the bathrooms are all shiny and sanitary. I'm trying to figure out how to convince my family to just stay where they are and not touch anything. At least for a couple of days.
6) Have a good Monday, everyone!