Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Drat

Ethan's 3-year well child appointment was today. He weighed in at a whopping 25.8 pounds. No gain this month. Or last month. Or the month before that. His doctor is sending us back to Children's again to GI. Which will mean the next step in testing, the endoscopy. Under anesthesia. 

Oh, and he needs to be evaluated for speech therapy.

And she really, really thinks he needs to go to preschool. Which I 100% agree with, but funds and transportation for preschool are extremely limited, so this is easier said than done.

I'm discouraged today. And tonight is Daniel's night to attend Bible Study,  so I'm on my own until 10 PM. I'm thinking today might be a day of lots of leftover birthday cake and then takeout sushi for dinner. If that doesn't make the day better, then nothing will :)

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Ugh. That IS discouraging. But! Hopefully this will be the answer to everything, right? And then your baby will be all better. We'll (continue to) pray for you guys.

Elizabeth said...

I think we might need to form a "my three year old boy never eats and needs to go to preschool but I can't afford it" support group.

I'm putting off going to Eli's "follow up weight check" doctor's appointment because I KNOW it's not going to be good and I just want to pretend a little longer. Sigh.

Sara said...

Why is it the ladies never have this trouble with not gaining weight? Just plain unfair! You are in good hands at Children's even if they are hands you would rather not have to be under!