Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday night

It's 7:48 on this sunny Tuesday night. The kids are in bed- not sleeping, but playing with their Leapfrog My Pal toys. We just had one to listen to until tonight, when Ethan's arrived in the afternoon delivery.  So now there are two almost-identical toys playing music in the other room.  The kids don't seem to mind though, and it's keeping them from demanding to be liberated from their room, so I don't mind either.

Tuesdays are my bad days, and today was coming at the end of a rough week emotionally for me, so I'm thankful that the kids didn't fight me on bedtime and are at least playing quietly. And I'm also VERY thankful that I had an outing planned today with a blog friend. My friend dragged her very pregnant self and two little kids to Seattle today to meet up with me, since I couldn't wrangle the car this week to drive to meet her. I am SO grateful for that.  I'm not sure I'd be stable enough to write, otherwise.

Anyway, it's almost 8 now and Daniel's finally on his way home from work. Because work apparently got the memo that the wife was nuts and the kids behaving badly, so all hell broke loose with their latest website deploy. Seriously, "website deploy" is becoming a swear word in my vocabulary. It never, ever goes well and always results in a late night and lots of stress the rest of the week while all the bugs get worked out.

But now he is on his way home and I have to decide whether to turn the oven on in our hot living room/kitchen or demand takeout sushi. 

On a good note, I finally was feeling energetic enough this morning to start week 8 of couch to 5K.  I have a month left until my first 5K and I'm still suspecting that I will set some sort of record for slowest time ever, but I'm okay with that. I'm up and I'm moving and I'm doing something positive for myself for once, which is what matters.  And my refusal to care too much about my finishing time is driving my competitive runner family members totally insane, which is a lovely passive-agressive person bonus :)

No comments: