Thursday, July 8, 2010

I have a suitcase all to myself!

Thanks for the nice comments on yesterday's post.  And thanks for the tips- I'm pretty good about keeping Ethan close when we're out walking and getting in and out of the car, but now I'm going to be way more strict about where he is in the wading pool/fountain in relation to me, no matter how many other people are around and no matter how shallow the water is. Daniel and I were talking last night about how we never really understood how kids could drown in just a few inches of water, but now I get it. When they trip and can't get their faces up high enough, then things get really scary really fast.  Thankfully I was watching Ethan closely and got him quickly, but it's still shaking me up, for sure. 

Anyway, moving on.  Just finished packing for our trip to Canada.  And I have a suitcase all to myself! There are no diapers in my bag, no baby shampoo, no stuffed animals. Just my clothing and real books that I might actually get to read and high heels.  It's messing with my mind!

And, as usual, we have a sick kid for our trip to Canada.  I'm starting to wonder what's going on with the kids- every time they see the suitcases come out of the closet, someone can be counted on to be sniffly, sneezing, coughing, feverish within hours.  This time it's Vivian, poor thing is running a 100 degree temperature. Which is especially miserable since it's currently 85 degrees in our living room, at 8 AM and is only going to get much, much hotter.  I think we're going to be spending some time at the mall today while we wait for Daniel to be ready to head out!

Oh, in other news, I'm not taking a laptop with me on my trip. That means I'm going to be offline from tonight until Sunday night. That's a terrifying thought, but I have to carry on the bridesmaid's dress tomorrow so my hands are going to be pretty full and I can't manage a computer as well. I check my email (this is a conservative average here) about 1,000,002 times per day. I suspect that I'm going to jump out of the car before Daniel even comes to a complete stop when we get home on Sunday to dash upstairs and turn on the computer :)

I hope you all have a great weekend too, whatever you're up to. Stay cool!

No comments: