Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

We had a nice day today- here in Seattle, celebrating the 4th of July with rain and 60 degrees. Summer is right around the corner now, we're sure of it!

The day started out with our usual frantic rush to get ready for church. I workout in the AM on the other six days of the week, but Sunday is my day off, and this means I get up later than usual and we get a late start.  Not a good way to start worship, so a habit we're working on.  After church we had some time to kill before heading to our friends' house, so we hit Goodwill where we picked up some Thomas trains with track for Ethan for $3, and a lace jacket for me that I'm hoping to wear on Saturday to hide my fat arms in the bridesmaid's dress. We also got a bunch of small things- Daniel and I were inspired by this blog post and are turning a Goodwill nightstand into a play kitchen for the kids.

Then it was off to our friends' house for a BBQ and now we're home, trying to stay awake longer than the kids.  :)

Photos this morning were slightly less successful than those from Canada Day, but way more entertaining. I think the kids are getting tired of being patriotic!


This one is our favorite :)


Hope you all had a great 4th of July!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Love the pics and babylegs! We have some union jack one's for our daughter! Glad you decided to have a go at the kitchen! Once it was finished I was really glad I decided to put forth the effort and it get's lot's of compliments!